West Cork Women Against Violence Project
Have you ever felt afraid of someone who is close to you? Violence against women is unacceptable.
West Cork Women Against Violence Project offers free and confidential listening, information and support services for women experiencing domestic violence.
Freephone helpline: 1800 203 136
Development Worker Vacancy
We are currently recruiting a West Cork Sexual Violence Support Service Development Worker. For full details please go to News
Support Worker Vacancy
West Cork Women Against Violence seeks to recruit a DV Accommodation Support Worker to support and assist all WCWAV clients who have need of emergency alternative accommodation due to domestic abuse.
For full details please go to News
What We Do:
• Provide a safe, confidential, non-judgemental support service for women experiencing violence
• Inform women about their options so that they can make their own decisions about their future
• Provide women who choose to stay in an abusive relationship with ways to stay safe
• Ensure greater support for women experiencing domestic violence in West Cork
• Reduce the social acceptability of violence against women.
• A free and confidential Listening, Information and Support service
• Continual Support for women, whatever their choice
• Appointments by arrangement in the office or at a safe location
• Drop-in service at offices in Bantry and Skibbereen
• Court Accompaniment
• Appointment Accompaniment: we will accompany you to relevant agencies e.g. An Garda Síochána
• Transport in Crisis
• Subsidised Counselling
• An Education, Training and Information programme for professionals, community groups and schools
• Newsletter published 3 times a year– West Cork Whisper
We have not published a paper version of the latest West Cork Whisper but you can view it online by clicking on the image of the cover below: